Sunday, June 21, 2009

Busy Summer




My ideal is to have an empty calendar with nothing to do, but whenever that happens, we see that we have nothing scheduled and then pack the time full of activities!

The kids are done with school and music, but we are still keeping busy!

After a week a my parents we were back for a week and then it was off to Virginia to meet 8 week old cousin Luke and visit with the rest of his family (my sister, hubby Bryan and cousin Brooke). Tornados in Denver added a day of extra travel time, but the kids handled it like champs! We were in 5 states, plus DC in two days (OR, CO, TX, MD, DC and VA - although my mom always says it doesn't count as visiting a state or country if you are only in the airport!) We were right outside of DC, but didn't do any of the DC things. We did head off to the national aquarium in Baltimore one Day. Still it was nice to see my sister's family again and hang out with the cousins. We miss them living so close!

With my family checked off the list, we then moved on to quality time with Mac's family: his mom, sister, sister's fiancee and son were all here for most of the week. Lots of fun to see them too, especially since Jared is right about Megan's age.

We have plenty else lined up for the summer, too: swim lessons, a weekend at the beach, camping at Timothy Lake, a trip to Iowa and then two weeks in Southern California for Kendall's wedding/family catch-up. Plus, we have a landscaping project going on and we are spending lots of time in the garden. Meanwhile, my quads somehow just stopped working (don't ask, I have no idea) so I am doing some rehab related stuff... a nice quiet summer- HA! I suspect only a fraction of it will make it to blog-land (for example - the photo above is Meg's last day of school, only about a month late!). Hope you are taking advantage of the warm weather and empty calendar, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment