Thursday, April 14, 2005

The deal

Oddly, I am awake yet Megan is still sleeping. I think this is the first time this has happened in 11 weeks.

Last evening, due to poor napping, Megan was exhausted much earlier than we like her to go to bed. So from 6 - 7:30 she napped! Of course, this kind of threw off the 7:30 bedtime. So at 8:30 while I was nursing Megan I made a deal with her. "Megan, I love you very much, but I don't need to see you until 3 am and then you can go back to sleep till 7:30." I had her grab my thumb and we shook on the deal. Mac laughed. I lost a bet to him last week about what time Megan would wake up in the night; it was way earlier than I had bet. I got to empty the Diaper Genie for my loss. Anyway, Megan's command of the English language appears to be progressing quite rapidly. She slept from 8:30 - 8:30 with only a 3:30 feeding. Even the chickens crowing and the monster tractor rally behind our house (there are 11 houses going up a block away) couldn't rouse her. In fact, I had to check her twice to make sure she was still breathing.

To be fair, I should say that Mac also got almost 7 hours of straight sleep (11-6). He can sometimes get a little cranky and overly tired in the evenings so we are trying to get him on a better sleep routine, too.

In other big news, Megan is almost completely out of her 0-3 month outfits. She really doesn't fill them out, but they are all too short, so I've started dressing her in the next size up.



No comments:

Post a Comment