Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Food for thought

Today I deemed Megan "close enough" to meeting the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation of no solid food until six months. I figured I've done my part to earn my exclusive-breast-feeding gold star (or maybe two - one for each nipple!) and so today Megan had her first go with rice cereal.



Megan thought the high-chair was keen. She still hasn't mastered the whole sitting-up-without-face-planting thing and so she really liked being upright and up high to watch all the kitchen action. That action consisted of turning dehydrated white flakes into a gloopey colorless paste suitable for toothless consumption.



Megan seemed pretty ambivalent to the cereal. She had a few bites but wasn't really begging for more nor was she fighting it off. However, she was very interested in my bagel later in the morning so I don't think she is going to give up on this eating thing just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment