Monday, August 15, 2005

Chaos

"Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos."
- I Ching

I am hoping the above is true, because we have the makings for a heck of a lot of great brilliance.

We spent the last week living in Salem while Mac's parent's, aunt and uncle were visiting. Then Sunday night we put every piece of furniture and all the boxes in the closets, the garage or one of the two rooms without popcorn ceiling and headed back to Portland. I arrived in portland to find all the doors and windows wide open, debris in the driveway, debris on the deck, and full trashbags in two bedrooms, not to mention a non-functional bathroom. Even the cats were in disarray - they were both in the neighbors' yard and Zeus had poo caked in his fur, requiring a minor haircut. And meals present their own problems. Last night I ate my take out burrito with a serving fork - a huge utensil that barely fit in my mouth. This morning I took my tea with corn syrup.

I currently know the location of absolutely nothing. This includes many important items such as my driver's license, credit card, passport, and birth certificate for my first born. This is a bit of a problem, since I need most of these things for our trip to California in two days! (this'll be Megan's third roundtrip airline flight - quite the world traveler for a six month old!).

Mac and I have moved twice cross-country and twice locally, and the cross-country moves were way easier - hands down. This is largely my fault, I know. I did all kinds of planning, sorting and purging for the cross-country moves; my packing style currently involves throwing anything into a box that'll fit. Kitchenware mingles in boxes with desk items; Megan's toys have merged with craft supplies; tools nestle in with my clothes. And, of course, I stopped labeling the boxes after the third one.

Mac's mom kindly pointed out how many stressful events we have going on right now: new baby, new house, new job, big test, upcoming trip. She forgot in-laws visiting! (just kidding, mamaw, we loved having you!).

The stress has gotten to Mac, too. He has a new grey hair - on his chest! So at least I have something to laugh at during this stressful time!


**I have more pics to post, but of course, the camera and computer are never together, so looks like they'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment