Friday, July 20, 2007

Guess what?

Megan is trying hard to add all kinds of new things to her vocabulary, but it doesn't always click right away.

In the last few weeks Megan has gone through a "Guess what?" phase that would go something like this:

M: Guess what?
P: what?
M: Can I have some milk?

Recently, though, Megan told me,"I have a question?"
This was good stuff, Megan recognizing the different types of sentences. I was all ears.
"I want to pick raspberries."
I waited for the question. Nothing. I probed,"what's your question?"
"I want to pick raspberries." She repeated. I am still waiting for the question.

New words seem to be tough on Megan too.
She has asked if I am wearing my "container" (retainer), she wanted to see the big "bean" (beam) in our bathroom remodel, she wanted Auntie Sarah to read "garbage" (Garfield) to her. And now that we watch bluejays in our yard is able to identify many other birds as well: "That's a yellow jay" (goldfinch). "See the black jay?" (crow).

No comments:

Post a Comment