Saturday, June 14, 2008

Looong Weekend

Friday was Relay For Life, so I took the day off work. I decided to take Thursday off, too, for no other reason than I had one last vacation day to schedule before September 1. The end result was a long weekend for me!

Wednesday night, we decided to do a "dry-run" with our new tent, so we'd know how to set it up for the Relay For Life (RFL). Of course, uber-consumer Mac couldn't just buy an average sized tent; he had to get the one that would fit a whole football team! I nearly died when I saw how big this thing was! It barely fit in our game room, which is quite a large room, but it did eventually fit. That night Megan and I camped out in the tent.







Thursday, I got to go to the country club (as a guest only!) with some of the other moms - a real novelty for me since I usually have to work during all the Mom gatherings. Fortunately, this day almost felt like summer (finally!) so the kids got to fully enjoy the pool.






Megan and Liam are standing about six inches apart in these pictures, but I still couldn't get a cute picture of them both in the same photo!

Wednesday's indoor campout was supposed to be a one night deal, but Megan loved it so much she convinced me to do it again Thursday night. We had a queen sized mattress pad in there (with room to spare), so it was a fairly comfortable sleep.

Friday Mac left early to play golf, so I was in charge of getting Megan ready for "summer camp" (really just a Theme week at pre-school: Down on the Farm). I transfered some of the responsibility to Megan and I think she did better than the usual jeans and a T-shirt that her parents pick out. She even requested the bun! Daddy said,"I don't think sparkle shoes are very good for school," but lucky for Megan, I don't care enough to object!





After taking Megan to school, I helped set up our team's booth at RFL. That night I went back to camp-out with a friend in our super huge tent, yes, just one friend in our 80 man tent. Trying to sleep with all night music ended up being a bit easier than I thought - score one for sleep deprivation! I got up at 5:00 to do some intervals on the track to participate in the event - sort of a two birds, one stone sort of thing -and was home by 8:00 (with coffees) to spend the day with the Fam.





The Relay ended up being pretty fun and our team raised over $16,000 toward the fight for cancer - this is a hugely impressive amount for a non-corporate team and everyone was psyched that we did so well. I personally raised $2700, which was good enough to win a free fire pit incentive prize! Thank you to everyone who donated to this great cause. If the feeling of contributing to a great cause isn't enough, you can always stop to roast s-mores on our nice fire pit - my treat! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Our tent is 11x17. This is simultaneously embarrassing and luxurious. I confess that a 4-room tent is ridiculous, but I sure love camping in it.
    Congrats on your relay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be over for a campfire this summer. Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete