Thursday, December 11, 2008

No Future In Arm Wrestling

This past weekend I went to visit my parents in Sacramento for the sole purpose of running the California International Marathon. Several other runners from Salem were there as well. Although we didn't travel down together, one of the spectating Salemites recognized me and snapped this photo right at mile 26, with less than 400 yards to the finish.



I forwarded the e-mail to Mac so he could put it on our hard drive.

"That's a really good picture!" he called me up to say.

I thought he was joking. "Are you kidding me? It is totally unflattering, I've got chocolate GU all over my shirt, and my bangs are plastered to my face with some serious hat head!"

"No. I am serious. You look really strong, especially because that is mile 26!"

Maybe the picture wasn't all bad. "Yeah, I like how big my bicep looks."

"What biceps?!?" Mac wondered. "You don't have any arm muscles. I just meant your legs!"

I also like the blur of my legs and the background - it looks like I was movin'! Photo aside - I had a great race, averaging 7:17 miles for a personal best of 3:10:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment