Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Megan's Idea For Peace In Oregon

Megan and Liam are starting to understand Oregon football. "Why do some people like the Ducks and some people like the Beavers?" Megan asked me. I tried to explain about schools and cheering for your alma matter, but Megan still seemed perplexed as to why we had to choose sides. No worries, she knew just the solution:

"If you were a platypus you could root for the Ducks or the Beavers!"

Instead of segregating into Ducks and Beavers, why don't we Oregonians come together as platypuses? or should that be platypi?? I can hear the cheers now:

Listen to the thunder
of the mammals from down under.
We'll smack you with our web-foot legs,
And bomb you with our quizzical eggs.
With our beaver tail
We can not fail!
So hear the cry from our duck bill:
The platypi are here to kill!

Yeah...it's not working for me either. I guess we are better off sticking with the Ducks and the Beavers.

No comments:

Post a Comment