Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Kind Of Competition

I as a graduate of Temple University Medical School, I get all of the alumni e-mails. Temple University (originally Temple Baptist) was the first college in the country to offer night courses as a way to educate the working class and so the mascot is very appropriately an owl. I just learned that the Owl's name is Hooter.

Many of you parents are probably familiar with Flat Stanley, a boy who was smooshed flat and gets mailed around the world.

Well, apparently Temple is doing a little take-off on this called the "Flat Hooter Competition." I kid you not! And my e-mail was dated April 9th, NOT April 1. Trust me I checked.

If anybody could win a "flat hooter" contest, it would definitely be me!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously laughed out loud to this one. That is a "hoot"

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete