Friday, August 19, 2011

Liamisms


August 18th was Liam's half birthday and he tried to use it for leverage.
"Mom, how many presents do I get?"
"Mom, can we go to Chuck E. Cheese?"
"Mom, can we make a cake and have ice cream?"

I finally had to put my foot down: "Liam, you don't get anything on your half birthday. Your Mom and Dad give you a hug and say 'Happy Half Birthday!' and that is it."

"Uuurg!!" Liam's frustration mounted. "But it isn't happy if we don't do anything!"

So Unhappy half birthday to Liam, who is now four and a half, but still young enough that life's not fair, especially when Megan gets to do everything and Liam never gets anything. ;)
****

Earlier this month, I was trying to mediate a "discussion" between Mac's parents.
"I don't know why you are getting involved," Mac informed me, "You are playing with fire."

Liam was suddenly interested. "Why are you playing with fire."

And so I explained to Liam that playing is just an expression that means you are doing something dangerous.

After which Liam demonstrates his comprehension: "So when you are playing with knives, you are playing with fire."

Ummm, yeah. :)

There's always lots of silliness when Liam is around.



No comments:

Post a Comment