Monday, October 10, 2011

Victoria Marathon Weekend

This weekend, Pam and I took the kids up to Victoria, BC. It was my third trip to this very beautiful little city on the coast of Vancouver Island. Other than the really long drive and ferry ride on Thursday and then again on Sunday, it was really a splendid weekend. Along the way, we:




Imitated art


Held some really cool bugs


Climbed some humungous trees!



And ran a couple of races. 

Pam did awesome (as usual). She completed the half marathon in 1:25 and secured her spot in the "elite" field at the upcoming California International Marathon in December. I didn't have a stellar day but it was a lot of fun. I finished my fourth marathon in 3:50. Not my fastest or my slowest, but considering my injuries and a trip to Europe during this training cycle I'm not upset. Next up for both of us is the Autumn Leaves 50K on October 29th where Pam will be doing her impersonation of Medusa while running and I will be doing my best not to get lapped by her on the 10K loop style course! 



1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! Your kids are adorable, and looks like you guys have a ton of fun together!


    www.projectbtc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete