Sunday, February 6, 2005

Once in a Lifetime

Thursday night Megan experienced a once in a lifetime event: the last little remnant of her uterine existence fell off, revealing the cute little belly button underneath. This event was so monumental, that once again, Megan slept right through it. In fact, in the pale glow of the nightlight when I first saw the shriveled nubbin of detached umbilical cord sitting in her diaper, my first thought was that Mac had packaged a foreign object along with Megan's bum at the last change (note I wasn't wearing my glasses and lack of sleep has dulled my wits). With the loss of this water sensitive object, Megan was ready for her next big event: a bath! This time there was no sleeping, only screaming, as Megan didn't seem to appreciate returning to a water world.



On the bright side, Megan really enjoyed hanging out naked in her bunny towel.



The beautiful quilt in the background is from the Mirons - don't worry Aimee, she didn't pee on it!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a bunny towel, don't you???
    Also, I have never learned the exact reason behind the Don't-You-Dare-Get-The-Drying-Up-Cord-Wet rule; do you know why? Maybe it's some mystical force of nature that loathes that oxygen-hydrogen combo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed seeing you last night and meeting little Miss Megan. What a sweetie!
    Great photos! Henry screamed during his first bath too. Now he loves his bath and only screams when you take him out!
    We accidentally broke the rule about not bathing until the cord falls off. In my drugged stupor, I thought I remembered the Dr. saying it was OK to get wet as long as we dried it off real well afterwards. Turns out, those were my bathing instructions after having a c-section. Oh well! He doesn't seem to be harmed by having an early first bath. His belly button looks a lot better than my incision!

    ReplyDelete