Friday, March 18, 2005

Luxury

Today my house is nice and clean and the best part is that I didn't clean it! In exchange for letting Mac have cable I got a house cleaner. I like to think of it as a win-win situation.

Anyway, it would be more accurate to say my house was clean. I promptly blew up some spaghetti in the microwave as soon as I was alone again. And then I made some tea and a few leaves got on the countertop. Both left dirty dishes. And, of course, the cats are never careful when it comes to using the liter box. But two weeks from now it'll all be clean again!

It was a little hard to sit here while Maria worked around me. At one point she commented on how calm Megan was. "Not calm enough for me to clean my house!," I thought secretly, but then I put Megan down and went to play on the computer. And Megan got so tired from watching Maria scrub she slept an extra hour and a half past her feeding time!

To assuage my guilt of having someone else clean my mess, I opened a savings account for Megan today. In addition to a couple of checks she got as gifts, I contributed the amount of my old student loan payment - that is, my old student loan payment minus the cable bill and cleaning lady expense!

No comments:

Post a Comment