Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Liar, liar

Megan has hit a new milestone, and not necessarily a good one: she has learned to lie.

Things go something like this:
Meg: I want milk in bed.
Mac: We don't have milk in bed.
Meg: Mom told me so.

The bottom line is the exact quote. Megan always says "mom told me so" or "Dad told me so" as the situation fits, she recently even added, "Jessica (the babysitter) told me so." The problem is nobody ever told her these things.

This confused us the first couple of times, before we realized our sweet and innocent little girl could be so deceptive. Mac would call me at work and ask, "Did you tell Megan she didn't have to nap today?" or "Did you tell Megan she could eat breakfast in the TV room?" But now we are wise to her lying ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment