Monday, October 22, 2007

Game on!

Sunday morning my mom came up from downstairs, pumping her fists in triumph,"I finally won!" We laughed at her for taking such pride in beating a two year-old, but in reality this is a serious feat.

Mac and I dreamed of the day we could spend the evenings playing games with our children. After only a couple of years, we are already starting down that path. You see, Megan is serious competition in the game of Memory.

I am not exactly sure where Megan got on to this game, but we are now playing it in the double digits each day. Unfortunately for us adults, Megan has a winning record. And let me assure you, we aren't playing nice! Megan seems to have an eidetic memory for the cards. I will admit that I sometimes let Megan draw a third card, because she gets frustrated if she isn't allowed to go after when she knows exactly where the match to her second pick is, but even with this I am starting to be less lenient.

Sadly (and with some embarrassment), I just have to admit her memory is better than ours. I like to think it's because she doesn't have as many things clogging up her brain, but it is more likely that our synapses are showing signs of age and just aren't as plastic as they used to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment