Thursday, October 4, 2007

So long September

When last we left, Mac was absolutely NOT grieving the crash of his computer. He made it about two weeks before having withdrawal seizures (mind you the lap top with internet still worked) and ordering a new one. An so we are now Apple users or ipeople or something like that. Mac assures me that this is going to be so fantastic for photo management, but to me it's just another trick this old dog has to learn.

Now that I've had my first lesson, let me catch you up.

Liam has done a great job learning to eat and consumes impressive quantities of rice cereal and mashed peas these days.




We spent the first week of the month at Umpqua Light house State park with my parents, brother, sister and her daughter Brooke. Umpqua Lighthouse is the only Oregom state park with deluxe yurts that come complete with their own bathroom (including a shower with hot water) and a kitchenette with microwave, plus a propane BBQ! Megan spent much of the time in the sand, unfettered by the wind on the dunes. And Liam spent a lot of time bonding with grandpa.








We also spent a weekend in a camping cabin at the brand new Stub Stewart state park.

And Megan started school! - two mornings a week by herself! Here she is on her first day:




After Mac dropped Megan off at school he called me with a report (teary, but OK once she got engaged in activity). "Oh, by the way," he says to me, "Is Megan supposed to wear something under her navy dress?"

"Yes!" I answer, implying this is totally obvious by my tone.

"Yeah, I thought she looked kind of trashy when I dropped her off." So much for first impressions!

Our bathroom is finally finished, though we still have lots of little things to do before it is actually done, but we are glad to have the contractors all out of our house.









Well, that's about it dudes! On to October!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, I still need a few more lessons on re-sizing the photos! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete