Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Total Mom Transformation

I like to kid myself that I have an advantage over the stay-at-home Moms, as if by going to work I have a better balance in my life, am better in touch with "reality" and that my own identity hasn't taken a backseat to my kids. I am well aware that this is just a little mind game that I use to make it easier to go to work each day. To be certain, I know many stay-at-homes that have excellent balance in their lives and there are plenty of working moms who are completely unbalanced. But what harm is there if I keep trying to believe this little self-deception if that's what helps to get me through?

Of course, then there art days like today which completely shatter this ruse that I have going. Today I was driving in to work when "Octopus's Garden" by the Beatles came on the radio. About one line into the song I had a shocking realization: Oh my God! I like Raffi's version better!

So much for maintaining a non-mom identity!

No comments:

Post a Comment