Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tender Moments

This entry refers to the book Guess How Much I Love You, in which Little Nut Brown Hare tells Big Nut Brown Hare how much he loves Big Nut Brown Hare, only to have Big Nut Brown Hare respond with an even greater amount.

This weekend, after stories and songs, I kissed Megan good night and told her, "I love you so much."

Megan responded by throwing her arms over her head, "I love you this much."

I put my arms up, too. "I love you this much." We hadn't read Guess How much I Love You recently and I was interested to see if Megan remembered the story, so I added, "And I love you to the moon."

On cue, she chimed in, "I love you to the moon and back!"

"Who says those things?" I asked her.

"Little Bunny Foo-foo."

"Noooo! It's Little Nut Brown Hare!" I corrected. I knew it had been a long time since we read that book. "You're my Little Bunny Foo-foo." I told her.

She knew just the tender thing to say: "And you're Hairy Brown Nuts!"

1 comment: