Friday, January 23, 2009

Miss Imagination Turns Four

Maybe I was too hard on Megan last time with the whole lack of imagination accusation. The day before her birthday, she got on the toy phone and "called" up Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Cinderella and invited them all to her birthday party. She informs me they are all coming!

We did Megan's birthday kind of like we did Christmas - in piecemeal fashion. Last weekend we had a little celebration while we were up visiting my sister's family. Then on Megan's birthday we started the day with pancakes with whip cream and sprinkles!

Then Mac's mom got into town and they all met me downtown for a birthday lunch at the Ram (because it is close to the hospital), with a couple of presents.



Then the family had birthday cookies after dinner while I was at a late work function.



I brought back tiramisu from my dinner and then we did all the rest of the presents.




That night Megan and I talked about genies (think Aladdin) and fairy Godmothers and birthday wishes. Megan said,"I was I was a princess like Cinderella and I lived in a castle and I wish I was a pilot and I could fly an airplane."

Sunday, we are having a friends birthday party for Megan (anyone have any suggestions for activities??). Megan is having four friends (and apparently three Disney princesses) over to enjoy her chosen cake: pink cake with yellow frosting and purple flowers on top. How's that for princess??



1 comment:

  1. With no prompting, Brooke pointed to Megan and said, "Megan has a hat.....a princess hat!" So, maybe she really is a princess.

    ReplyDelete