Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vegas, Baby!

Mac and I left the day after Liam's birthday for 4 days in Vegas - without the kids! The trip was great even if I was there for a conference.

I have been putting off the write-up for this (and everything else for the blog) because I wanted to do this from the "foodie" angle, with emphasis on the sublime 16 course meal we had on Thursday night, but the write-up is just no good without pictures. The pictures we took suck - the lighting and angle as a diner are just all wrong. We got an elegant brochure with photos of all the courses, but scanning them just doesn't excite me (or more accurately, would require Mac's assistance). Besides that incredible dining experience, we also ate at Bobby Flay's restaurant, met up with Mac's college roommate and his wife, and had a nice "comped" meal with my cousin and his friends at the Palms (my cousin is a professional gambler; the comp was his, not ours. Mac only gambled away $65; I didn't bet a cent - not exactly high rollers! But my work did pay for the trip!).

We had a good trip all around. Without kids, even the plane ride was enjoyable. We came back so relaxed, Mac made it a whole twelve hours before I saw him stress out about something the kids were doing (he was asleep for the first eight hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment