Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where we are at -March 2009

Mac looks awesome. We had to go buy him new jeans cause the fat pants don't even stay up anymore! And he's drilled three new holes in his belt. Mac was surprised and elated to find he had to buy a size 32 waist - the smallest pants he's worn since puberty!

Megan can read (short words). But she is impatient - she tries to guess at the words based on the first one or two letters or what she thinks fits with the nearby picture. And a lot of times she gets tired of sounding things out and will flat out refuse to go on. But some days we catch her reading to Liam and it is so amazing!

Liam can count! He made it to ten today without any prompts, without skipping three and without throwing in an 'F' . I still have some concerns about color blindness (allbeit fleeting and minuscule concerns) - he seems to be able to get them all (even grey) except green, which he often calls red. Of course, he did call three 'f' for the longest time, too. Hmmm... At his 2 year check-up he was up to the 20th percentile for weight (up from 10th!) but still pretty wimpy for his 50th percentile height!

And me - well, as Mac puts it, I am "addicted to running." He is not too far off. I practically went through withdrawal in Vegas! I am either running, thinking about running, or reading running blogs. I don't even think I nag Mac about the house being messy anymore - it is not even on my radar! I have all kinds of wild running schemes and grand plans all cooked up, but I am not sure how much reality will back it all up.

The house - since it has been at least six months since we have done anything major, we decided to have the back yard ripped up! So far we've only just had the monstrously overgrown junipers ripped out, which makes it feel much more spacious already. We will definitely be doing this to the two other juniper jungles on our property. We are planning to add some landscaping as well, but that is still in the planning stages.

Well, off to bed - I don't like the idea of losing an hour of sleep tonight! I already told Mac he's in charge of the kids till 9:30 - I need my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment