Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Better Than Getting Carded

We've been spending the week in Lincoln, CA at my parents house doing lots of running, golfing, golf-cart driving, and relaxing.

Today I went to swim laps in the indoor pool, while my mom splashed in the shallow pool outside with Megan.

I jumped in, swam two laps, and was just starting to get my goggles on, when the pool monitor rushed over. (Well, she rushed as best a 65 year old can. My parents live in an "active adult" community, which is 55 and over, but it seems more like everyone is pushing 75, which is why I was so conspicuous. Anyway...) She comes up to me with a mission," Excuse me! Are you over 18? You know, you have to be at least 18 to swim in this pool."

Obviously, she needs a vision check, but it was still nice to have to explain that I was indeed over 18.



No comments:

Post a Comment