Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Busy

The last couple of weeks have been quite busy. Mac's mom came for a weekend visit, then I took Megan to see my parents in Sacramento for a week, then we had a visit from Mac's grandma and aunt and all the while we've been meeting with realators about selling our house. Additionally, we've been to Salem twice to look at houses.

During our week in Salem we did lots of hiking with my mom. Moving the seat to the smallest setting proved to be the key to Megan's backpack comfort. In addition to several couple mile hikes Megan was a trooper for a six+ mile hike along the American River - whew, I was beat after that one! Additionally, Megan did great on both of the plane rides. As my seatmate noted, "She was an angel." Duh!

House hunting in Salem has also gone pretty well. We are preparing to make an offer on a house about ten miles south of the city. The house was built in 1979 and has only had one owner. Unfortunately, the owners never decided to update the decor so we will get to enjoy brown bathroom fixtures (sink, shower, toilet and even the jetted tub) and orange formica until we get around to replacing them.

Megan has also picked up a few new behaviors in the past couple of weeks. She now loves to have her tongue out and even smiles with a fully projected tongue. With the discovery of the tongue comes licking - Megan will lick anything she can get close enough to her mouth and can soak a bib, blanket or baby bjorn in a matter of minutes.

Also, Megan has fallen in love with that cute baby in the mirror. Just a glimpse is enough to get a smile out of her and can even quiet her from crying. And watching the baby dance in the mirror is one of two things that consistently gets a laugh (the other is fart noises with my mouth!).

I'd like to say things are going to calm down a bit, but we have plenty or realator meetings and a garage sale to keep us busy this week and then it is only one more week until I head back to work. :(

2 comments:

  1. Eeeew! Brown bathroom fixtures. And I thought our harvest gold ones were bad. (Come to think of it, I still do.) Were people blind in the 70s?
    Anyway, congratulations on the house. The nice thing about one that isn't updated is that you can make your own choices. Do you have the dream gardening area to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house. I know you will make it a wonderful home for all of you. Wish I could help with wallpaper removal ( not really)!!!. Maybe this back thing had more than one benefit. I love Megan's tongue. Tell her anything she does is perfect with me.

    ReplyDelete