Friday, May 13, 2005

Swing Lo and Other Updates

Megan hits 16 weeks tomorrow and she has yet to spend a night in the nice crib we have for her. Up until now she has been sleeping in her carseat on the floor of her room, but it seems that our little hermit crab is now ready to shed that shell in search of new sleeping quarters. Megan now twists and writhes in her carseat and will only sleep in it for very short periods whereas she had been routinely sleeping 6 hours at a stretch. Unfortunately, the crib hasn't been the right fit either.






Here you can see Megan getting all bent out of shape. After a week of this we decided to put her in her crib. She lasted 45 minutes, almost all of which was spent crying. And when we finally did get her she was perpendicular to her original position. The next day I got a crib sponge-wedgie thingy that is supposed to make the baby more comfortable in the crib; she cried twice as hard but wasn't able to turn herself. So Thursday night when Megan fell asleep in her swing I told Mac to just leave her. She slept ten hours. In fact she slept so well, Mac and I actually lost sleep over it! Around 12:30 we both woke up surprise we hadn't yet heard from Megan (she had gone to sleep at 5) and by 2:30 when she had finally woken up, Mac had gone to check on her twice! I am sure this extra sleep (Megan's norm is 6 hrs, seven her previous best) and super early bedtime (again norm around 7-7:30) were a result of poor sleep the preceeding week, but when it came time to put her to bed last night, I didn't have to think twice; I put her in her swing! (she did seven hours - more than worth all the D batteries we will be buying).
--------------------------------------------------
Today is my last day off of work. Come Monday, Megan will be headed off to daycare while I mope to work. There are 22 work days left until Mac is out for the summer. Megan is spending 8 of them in the Canby day care, 11 with my mom who will be staying with us for two weeks, one with us (we are both taking a day off for the house inspection on Wednesday), and the last two we'll have to get creative for. I spent much of the past week doing extra cuddle time.
-----------------------------------------------------
We went to Salem yesterday to work on the financing for our house. The summary goes something like this: fees, fees, debt, debt, more debt, and a pinch of fees. I know this is pretty standard stuff, but I feel like I have just mortgaged my first born. Things are a lot more complicated with two houses in the mix as well. Meanwhile both our Portland realtors cancelled appointments with us. One had a son get hit in the head with a baseball; the dad of the other had a heart attack. To the cynic (me), it seems like an awful lot of realtor tragedy to be coincindence, but of course, I was a polite well-wisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment