Friday, June 10, 2005

The joy of parenting

Last night I felt a little queasy at Megan's 1:30am feeding. By 5:30, I suffered the first of many episodes in my marathon puke session. Basically, any movement, however slight, and every sip of water sent me flying to the bathroom. Since there was no way I was going to work, Megan got another day off daycare. This was a mistake, as I really had no energy for her. And at one point, I had to take a break from changing her diaper to make a bathroom stop - and it wasn't even a poopy one! Megan was still in recovery from her own sickness, so she slept A LOT and didn't need very much stimulation, which was REALLY good for me.

I am not one who often gets sick. This was the first day of work I have missed due to illness in six years (which really means ever for those of you who know my work history). Mac and I often comment that our friends seem to get sick way more than we do, but since having Megan I have been sick twice. Lack of sleep and being out of shape is taking their toll!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you have my deepest sympathy--being sick with a child is horrible. I'd never realized what a luxury it is to stay in bed all day when you feel crummy. Hope you start feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, ain't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the same thing has now hit the Gingerich household. What's the vector, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I think Megan was the cootie source. She didn't seem to be quite as bad off as the rest of us either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I take a lot more sick days than you do, I'm willing to admit that my actual incidence of physically detectable disease might probably be fairly sort of nearly the same as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, I know we have plenty of very healthy friends as well. and I know most people use their sick days more liberally than me; I just save them up and then cash in four months at a time!

    ReplyDelete