Sunday, January 1, 2006

Cutie Christmas



This was Megan's first Christmas and you might expect that I went all out for the occasion.

You'd be wrong.

We went out to a very local (just down the street) U-cut farm and picked out a beautiful 8' noble fir the weekend after Thanksgiving. We promptly set it up, using one of Megan's Christmas gifts (a sandbox) as a platform. But aside from the lights, we never got around to decorating it. I never really got out any of my Christmas decorations this year. I just couldn't get in to it. It seemed like we had to much to do around here without messing with a bunch of tinsel and plastic Santas. But credit goes to Mac, who did a great job of getting our outdoor lights up. We sure did enjoy our special Christmas light switch located inside our front hall closet. It sure beats running out to the garage in socks and pajamas to unplug the strings!

Also, I can't say I did much in the gift department either. I didn't even do small gifts for my closest friends this year (a bit of an embarassment) and for Megan, well, I got her socks and a toothbrush! That's it - I'm serious!

However, we had a wonderful day with my family, including some extended family we have seen very infrequently over the past few years. And my sister made a great dinner (aside from the spicier-than-hell chipotle mashed potatoes!). Despite our lack of effort, I don't think we did too badly setting the right holiday spirit for Megan's first Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment