Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Garden Days

We have been having great weather since we got back from California - a great week to be off work (ok, what week isn't?). So far I have been spending most of my time in the garden and Tuesday Megan spent most of the day outside with me, too. She had a great time, but I really wish she'd start walking more than crawling!



We got lots done: pretty much everything is planted in the herb/perennial garden, we added a few more things to the hillside garden, the pond got a few additions, and we made lots of progress in the vegetable garden.



Mac did lots of tilling for me despite the still-too-wet-to-really-till dirt. In addition to these beds, there are three more at the upper end of the field - for the veggies. Unfortunately, they still need a bit more work before they are ready to plant. This lower part is mostly the berry patch. There are six blueberries (6 different varieties) along the fence, a row of cane berries will be along the upper fence, strawberries and bulbs, in the middle triangle, and roses where Mac is planting. The last long strip is for annual flowers - I hope... there were lots of bluejays out this morning, maybe eating my flower seeds.

I admit I have been somewhat impatient with the veggie garden. Really we should be cultivating and amending the soil this season and forego planting, but where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment