Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Turtle Beach

I have taken to calling our back porch Turtle Beach: I get to sit in a lounge chair and read magazines while Megan plays in the sand and we both have a great view of the water - a very relaxing way to spend an afternoon.



Ironically, the sandbox is actually in the shape of a frog, the outdoor decorative thing hanging over the sandbox is a frog, and we have frogs (but not turtles) in our own pond, but then, who wants to go to Toad Beach??



This used to buy me about a half hour of attention diversion for Megan, which in toddler speak is the equivalent of an eternity. Unfortunately, as the novelty has worn off, I only get about a ten minute siesta before Megan starts making frantic "more" signs in the direction of the swing (nevermind that she hasn't yet been in the swing). Oh well, at least I didn't have to drive an hour before getting to our beach and I still got ten minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment