Wednesday, October 25, 2006




For today's preschool session, the parents were encouraged to dress their children up in their Halloween costumes. You all know Pam, she jumped at the chance to put someone in a costume! Out of the 11 kids in class today, only 2 wore full-fledged costumes. Meg was the clown pictured above, and Keaton was a race car driver. Other kids wore orange shirts and such, but none were in costume. I was a little surprised.




The clown costume that Meg is wearing has a long history. The story is very similar to the one about the outfit that Megan, and Pam, and Pam's siblings all wore home from the hospital. When I was two years old, I wore this clown costume for Halloween--as did my two sisters when they were two, and probably some of my cousins when they were two. My mom still displays the pictures of her three kids wearing this costume for their 2-year-old Halloween. Megan isn't 2 yet, but we thought that this Halloween was the right one for her to wear the costume--she still has room to grow into it, maybe we'll get two years out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment