Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Progress

Liam went back to the doctor today: 5 pounds 14.5 ounces! Look at our little munchkin grow. My favorite part of the visit was the part where they filled out the percentile form for me to take home. Of course, these percentiles mean nothing since Liam isn't even full term yet, but I still think they are funny:

Height: 20 inches (20th percentile)
Head Circ: 34.2 cm (8th percentile)
Weight: 5 lb, 14.5 oz (0th percentile; yes, they actually wrote that on my form!)

Meanwhile, I broke the 120 pound mark today (that's on the way down, NOT up!) AND I wore a pair of non-maternity pants! Sure they were my "fat" pants, but that's not the point! The point is that I am finally getting the weight off after a slow start (I only weighed 8 pounds less after my c-section! I know that was artificially low because I got at least 4 liters of fluids, but still, Liam was almost 6 pounds alone!).

And then the "Anti-progress:" That would be Megan. Megan was a super sleeper as a baby. She still woke up about once a night till she was one, but then she became a sleeper CHAMP! We'd read stories, put her in bed, and then not hear from her again for 12 hours, typically this was around 8 am. We sometimes had to wake Megan up in order to get to 9 am classes. But not any more. In the last few days Megan developed a fear of the dark; we put a nightlight in her room. Not good enough- Megan wanted somebody to sleep with her. We had a couple of tearful standoffs, before reaching an agreement: we'd lay in bed with her and sing 3 songs and then leave. She was Ok with this, as long as we left her with a cup of milk. Hopefully, this is a temporary adjustment period.

No comments:

Post a Comment