Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday Blah

Today was my "6th annual 29th birthday" (ie. I turned 34) and the day was about as mediocre as they get. We had an interview candidate at work, which tied up most of my day, including dinner.

Megan's biggest concern was the gifts.
Meg: What do you want for a present for your birthday?
P: Oh, honey, I don't need any presents for my birthday. I just want to be with my kids.
Meg: But I still need presents for my birthday!

Actually, I have done such a good job at convincing people I don' t want gifts (and I don't), that the only thing I got this year was a spatula! But it was a very nice spatula and one of those well thought out gifts that had come up in conversation months ago - those are always the best gifts. But I did decide maybe I should get a gift for myself - something special and exactly what I wanted. I am not sure yet what that would be.

Another great gift cam from my grandfather who mentioned in his card that he not only read, but also liked, my 50k race report. I know most people can't relate, but it is nice to know of people who are supportive and interested. Thanks, Grandpa.

Megan summed up the day best:

"Mom are you 34 now?"
P: yep.
Meg: "now you're OLD!"

I can't deny it either. I found my first gray hair about two weeks ago - that was a blow to any semblance of youth that I had left! Here's to old age (and more gray hairs I am sure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment