Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Thirty Something

Megan and Liam's first day of school was also my 35th birthday.



I had to work, but I had this huge bouquet waiting for me when I got there (from a great colleague) which made the day more bearable.




When my mom turned 62, she climbed Mt. Whitney, the highest peak in the continental U.S. I think it was her way of proving she was still alive and kicking. In a similar vein, I signed up to do a 100 mile race (102 miles actually!) the week of my birthday. That could be a sign of early senility! But I did it and I surpassed all expectations.



Celebrating 35 with 102 miles.

The first few days after the race I looked more like an 80 year old, hobbling around, but mentally it felt good! In fact, I don't feel anywhere near my age. Now if only I didn't have these new wrinkles so I wouldn't have to look my age either!

No comments:

Post a Comment