Saturday, April 7, 2007

Buenos Noches

In my grand parenting plans, I envisioned myself introducing Megan to Spanish. But the only phrase I ever taught her was "buenos noches;" I say it to her every night.

Megan has recently started pretending (she cooks a killer batch of dirt pancakes). Yesterday after the Easter Egg hunt, we were laying around in bed and Megan started pretending to sleep. I thought I'd play along by going through the bed time routine. I pulled up the covers to tuck her in with an "I love you" and a "Buenos noches."

Megan immediately sat up and got really serious at that point: "I am not going to Buenos Noches!"



*****
Today we were watching the chicks when Megan turned to me and said,"They have beautiful noses."
*****

Megan loves doing "art projects" but often wants someone else to get involved. Today while coloring she asked me,"Do you want to draw a snail?" (Megan's requests are always phrased as "do you want to ...?" or "should we...?") I drew a little spiral and added a head.

Then she turned to me and asked,"Do you want to draw a sloth?"

(my upside down teddy bear hanging from a branch got harsh criticism: "That's not a very good sloth." But in defense of my very minimal artistic talent, Mac was able to correctly identify my drawing as a three toed sloth almost instantly!)
****

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment