Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What about Mom?

As an infant Megan had outfits that read "Daddy's Little Princess" and "Daddy's Girl. " This year for Valentine's Day Megan was sporting a shirt announcing "I (Heart) Daddy" and matching socks, with "I (heart) Daddy" around each ankle.

Surely these items of clothing were just capitalizing on the very precious Father-Daughter relationship and a parallel line of Mom clothing must exist to represent the Mother-Son bond in T-shirt form. But, alas, it is not so! Liam's clothes don't bare the phrase "I (heart) Mommy." No! Instead they say, "Daddy's Little Helper" (complete with embroidered tools) and "I play sports with Daddy."

Maybe Moms don't need to read their name on their child's clothing to feel connected with their adorable babes. And I guess people don't really want to see their sons wearing anything that would imply "I am a Momma's boy," but still I think a Mom might like to receive some unspoken props in the form of a T-shirt logo while she is removing said item of clothing because it is covered in poop and spit-up. I know I would. So if anyone knows where to get a navy onsie that says, "My Mom kicks ass!" please let me know.



2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it's because most of the children's clothes are purchased by the mothers-- and they feel justified spending $ to proclaim the daddy bond but would feel like they were bragging if they advertised the mommy relationship? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only "mom" t-shirts I've seen say things like "Mommy Drinks Because I Cry." I suspect that isn't what you are looking for . . .

    ReplyDelete