Saturday, December 4, 2004

Over-pinked

After two surprise showers (with two full suitcases worth of stuff), Mac has been feeling over-pinked. I used to hold up outfits at random times and say, "Look how cute this is!," and he would at least nod in acknowledgement. Now he just replies in a flat voice, "It's pink." At the showers I tried to psyche him up with each non-pink gift: "Look, it's not pink," but that got tougher, too, when he declared, "Lavender is the same thing as pink." I tried to employ J. Crew tactics, using names like periwinkle and melon, but he wasn't buying. Mac did warm up to one pink outfit - a cute little T-shirt printed with the words "Daddy's little princess."


I still love all the pink. I feel like I get to live a vicarious girlie childhood after spending mine as a tomboy. But after taking pictures of everything, I am amazed at how fast we have accumulated so much pink in our house.

1 comment:

  1. Gah! Too... much... pink. Too... sweet! Beta cells... over-secreting... making me hypoglycemic!
    [Falls and hits his head]
    Help! Is there... a doctor in the... area?! Preferably not a... pathologist, oncologist, radiologist, dermatologist, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, urologist, psychiatrist, neurologist....
    Er... is there a nurse in the area?

    ReplyDelete