Sunday, December 12, 2004

Pillow Princess

The last few months I have had a terrible time sleeping. The bowling ball abdominal attachment I am sporting these days just makes things really uncomfortable. Many people have advocated the use of multiple pillows to alleviate some of the discomfort, but the suggestions didn't really help. Putting a pillow between my legs seemed as uncomfortable as having a sack of potatoes between my knees. Sleeping with a pillow on either side of me not only hogged more of the bed than Mac usually takes, but also made me like I was rolling over the cats all night long. This week I finally found a pillow configuration to help. I gathered almost all the pillows in the house (one night Mac had to go on a hunt for a new one) and built a huge pilllow tower at the head of my bed, an inclining slope starting at my back and terminating in a stack of four pillows at my head. It's a little awkward for "pillow talk" with Mac on the mattress flatlands a good two feet below, but it is so nice to be able to sleep on my back again!


1 comment:

  1. We still have Lisa's part time lover, Phil. Surely we could pass him on, though I'm starting to become rather attached to him myself. He even watched Fellowship of the Ring with me last night.

    ReplyDelete