Friday, December 24, 2004

Shopping Gets Better

Today the only thing I wanted to get done was to check out the Goodwill to see if we could find a dresser to use as a changing table. After taking all the necessary measurements (40" max length, must accommodate 32" changing pad) we set off.

The Goodwill has all of the furniture pushed together in large islands three or four pieces deep to conserve space, but I spotted something with potential right away.

"I think I see our dresser."

Mac headed for a dresser in the first aisle, pulled out the tape measure and came back with the verdict: "Nope, it's 46 inches long."

"Actually, I was talking about the dresser in the next aisle over." Mac headed over while I perused the rest of the stuff in the first section. When I got over to Mac, he informed me it was too short - only 30 inches.

We headed to the third and final conglomeration of furniture...nothing. "Are you sure my dresser was too short? It looked like it would have been perfect." I walked over with Mac following, knowing it wasn't right. He measured again while I looked on - "Nope, 30 inches."

As I looked down to corroborate, I noticed something sandwiched behind the dresser. "Hey what if we just buy this changing table instead!?" For there, hidden in the middle of all the old stuff was an actual baby changing table! And better yet, we decided it really didn't need to be painted, unlike all the dressers we had seen - ten dollars well spent!




"It may be a changing table, but I'll never change - I just see a new bed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment