Saturday, October 16, 2004

Becoming a Geek

Really I hate computers. There's all that gobbledy-gook code stuff that I just don't understand, and really never cared too, either. I could check my e-mail and search on Google and that was about all I needed.

A while ago J.D. used to call me a geek-in-training - the potential was there, but I lacked development. I was certain he was wrong, engaging him in long dialogues about how lame the weblog community was. But lately I have come around, mostly after seeing the appealing format of Lisa's blog and the opportunity it gives her family to watch Albert grow.

Friday Mac introduced me to moveable type and I posted my first entry. Today I made him show me how to change the colors and post pictures. Afterwards, I checked out Jenn's new blog entries and left a comment, complete with a signature link. Then I got up and ran aroung the house laughing and yelling at Mac, "I made a link! I am such a geek! I made a link!" - in the process truly confirming my geek status.

No comments:

Post a Comment